Excel Extras - Conditional Formatting & Validation - Online
Excel Extras - Conditional Formatting & Validation - Online Online
Building on the previous Excel workshops, in this one-hour session we look at the useful features that include Excels Validation and Conditional Formatting.
Excel validation, also known as data validation, is a feature that allows you to define rules and restrictions on the data that can be entered into specific cells in your Excel spreadsheet. It helps ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity by preventing users from entering invalid or incorrect data.
- Data validation restricting entry of incorrectly formatted data into the spreadsheet.
- Working with predefined lists
- Input messages and alerts
Conditional formatting in Excel allows you to apply formatting to cells based on specific conditions or criteria. This helps you quickly visually highlight important data, identify trends, or spot errors in your spreadsheet.
- What is conditional formatting?
- Using pre-defined conditional formatting rules
- Using IF statements to create your own rules
- Using filters with conditional formatting
The IT Learning Centre team provides a programme of IT related workshops to help you develop essential computing skills which will be invaluable during your time at the University and in the workplace. Each semester we publish a new programme of workshops which are free of charge for staff, they range from introductions for users If you are not sure which IT workshops you would like to attend, why not check out the workshops overview
- Wednesday, February 21, 2024
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Virtual Classroom
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.