Excel Extras - Lookups - Online
Excel Extras - Lookups - Online Online
This workshop is for users who are familiar with entering data into Excel and have a basic knowledge of mathematical formulas and functions or have successfully completed part 1 of our Excel workshop programme.
The Excel LOOKUP function returns a value from a range (one row or one column) or from an array.
Vlookup is the oldest and most often used lookup formula in Excel. The first time you write a Vlookup formula is a milestone in your Excel learning.
- What is a lookup function
- Examples of lookups in Excel
- The Vlookup function and its arguments
- Simple text based lookups
- Using IFerror to handle empty data
- Introducing the Hlookup function
- Introducing the new Xlookup function
The IT Learning Centre team provides a programme of IT related workshops to help you develop essential computing skills which will be invaluable during your time at the University and in the workplace. Each semester we publish a new programme of workshops which are free of charge for staff, they range from introductions for users If you are not sure which IT workshops you would like to attend, why not check out the workshops overview
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.