Formatting Assignments, Reports & Dissertations Part 2 - Online
Formatting Assignments, Reports & Dissertations Part 2 - Online Online
During this workshop we will recap on the previous session before introducing new tools and offering guidance in good practice whist working with long documents. You will have an opportunity to ask questions about Microsoft Word, including troubleshooting and resolving common problems.
Formatting reports, dissertations and theses is a crucial step in the academic writing process. If provided, formatting guidelines may vary slightly depending on your department. It is essential to always refer to your official guidelines when formatting your documents.
- Inserting sections and page breaks
- Using styles
- List of Tables and Figures
- Modifying Headers and Footers
- Modifying styles
- Working with tables
- Working with Chapters and Appendices
- Managing your Images and diagrams
- Manipulating image layout
- Using captions
- Modifying Table of Contents
The IT Learning Centre team provides a programme of IT related workshops to help you develop essential computing skills which will be invaluable during your time at the University and in the workplace. Each semester we publish a new programme of workshops which are free of charge for students and staff, they range from introductions for users with very little experience to more advanced topics. If you are not sure which IT workshops you would like to attend, why not check out the workshops overview
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Virtual Classroom
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.